Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Peste Noire - L'Ordure À L'État Pur (2011)

Band: Peste Noire
Album: L'Ordure À L'État Pur
Year: 2011
Country: France
Peste Noire has been a very special band from the start. They named their first demo "Aryan Supremacy", but  Famine - the man behind PN, claimed that they weren't nazi's, since that's a German device. And since then Famine has provocated the whole scene with stupid statements.
The band was also been very noticed because of the fact that Neige - the man behind Alcest, were a session band member during the demo releases. He then also made some guest apperances on the first two albums, and wrote one single song during his whole time in the band. Some distros and record labels have claimed that
Peste Noire is "one of Neige's bands", just to sell more PN-records. This makes Famine rage, and he says:
"To claim that Neige is an important figure in PN is the same as saying that the person who plays the triangle in SOPOR AETERNUS AND THE ENSEMBLE OF SHADOWS is the main man in SOPOR. Our lives are different and so are our tastes, friends, ambitions, views, and so forth. I don't spend time in the same places. I don't even spend time with them. I am nothing like them. They are rich, idle, with hardly any responsibilities on their hands; they use their parents' money to pay for recording costs. I am poor, I write with a sense of urgency, I record using very crappy equipment. I don't write teenager poems from the balcony of a rich Parisian apartment, I just want to destroy all that, and I know exactly what I'm talking about. Now let me reiterate: I hold no grudge against Neige and his friends, but it just so happens that if Neige or his friends refute these facts, which are nothing but the truth, in one way or the other, I will be forced to shave their heads, take a picture of it and post it on the internet. I'd prefer not having to do that. I hate to take it out on weaker individuals, but if they choose to go against truth, I will be forced to perform such an act as I cannot tolerate lies. I therefore swear on my cat's life before the whole world: if they deny these facts I will shave their heads."


Song(s) you should listen to: This album is just fucking hilarious. So I'll just go through the songs one by one:

Casse, Péches, Fractures Et Traditions starts off kind of mysterious and medieval, as we're used to. But then I don't know what the fucked happened. They sure had a dope party with the Oompa Loompas, Mora Träsk, and the guy who wrote the French coffee song though. Just when you thought it couldn't get more awkward, Famine shouts "COCORICO!" and counts a choir in, who are all going nuts as crazy roosters. What the fuck?

Cochon Carotte Et Les Soerus Crotte is a about having sex... maybe with animals? I just don't know. Not my cup of tea at all.

J'avais Rêvé Du Nord 1
has a very electro-influenced intro, controlled by a repeated guitar riff during the first 3 minutes of the song. But it's quite interesting! Then a mellow part kicks in, and Audrey from Amesouers does some soprano vocals for a while. Then the song develops quite well, and maybe you can actually think about listen to it a second time.

J'avais Rêvé Du Nord 2
is the rawest on this album. It's focused on common dirtyness, with the smoker-on-his-deathbed-vocals, some coughing which actually makes me twist and turn a bit... But after a while you will burst out in laughter again due to the hooligan choir who shouts "LALA-LALA-LALA LAAA-LAAA!".

I don't know if you just have gotten used to the sound of the album when you get to this song, but Sale Famine Von Valfourte is actually good! It's very aggressive, and contains so much darkness that it will summon your grandmother. Just the way we like it.

La Condi Hu
is actually very sweet! It's not anything like Peste Noire. It even contains beautiful cello and post-rock influences, and it's combined in a way making me get goosebumps. The only Peste Noire-thing about this is that the lyrics is mostly just words for different kinds of diseases in French, so it's not the kind of sad love song you thought it would be. But I would recommend you to download this and suffer through the whole album just to listen to this song, It's worth it, I promise.


No comments: