Saturday, May 7, 2011

CELESTE - NIHILISTE(S)

Band: CELESTE
Album: NIHILISTE(S)

Year: 2008
Country: France
Those who know me in real life will probably go like "FINALLY, she's uploading it!" when they read this post. I heard this album short after it's release in 2008, and since then I've been really nagging for anyone to listen to it. Everyone knows that CELESTE is one of my favourite bands, and this album is very close to my heart.
And why? It's not just only because CELESTE is formed from the ashes of Mihai Edrisch. It's also because this shit is so fucking intense that you need to grab on to your seat while watching your whole life passing by. I have no idea about how, but in some way they make the most raw and evil pieces of music I've ever heard. They use very sludgy guitars most of the time and the drums often set the intensity-level. The reason I talk about that intensity all the time is because they are masters of build ups. First of all there can be a small change of pace to a slower direction to catch your attention. Then it builds up, and creates a tension making movie writers jealous. And all of a sudden hell breaks loose and you're about to have an epileptic attack. They're not called "Hell's Choir" for nothing.


Song(s) you should listen to:
Mais encore faut-il pouvoir renier tout un programme is the song that I think represents the build ups I was talking about earlier the most. It's so intense that it makes me want to slam my face to the wall until it's gone. Literally.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great! thanks a lot