Monday, March 14, 2011

I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness - Fear Is On Our Side (2006)

Band: I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness
Album: Fear Is On Our Side
Year: 2006
Country: USA
Once upon a time where internet was common, but no mp3-blogs existed, kids downloaded music with programs such as Kazaa or Napster. It was a total risk, because half of the time the kids got trojans and shit on their computer, and if your parents discovered you they banned you from the computer, because downloading was illegal and the whole family would be sentenced to death.
I was a cool kid though, so I used a program called Soulseek instead. And when you wanted to discover new music, you just went through a user's shared files until you found a cool band name. I discovered many obscure bands in that way, mostly horrible demos recorded in a cookie jar, but also good bands that I appreciate today too. One of them is I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness.
If you're the cool black metal dude that doesn't even stand Alcest, you should just wait for the next post, because this is not what we usually post on this blog. This is Post-Rock in a pretty commercial way, very well produced and with catchy tunes. Most of the songs are very light, but with a gloomy mood to it. Perfect for occassions such as when you're trying to sleep, when having friends over who has a divided music taste, or when you just want to clean your head.

Song(s) you should listen to: It may seem as a bad sign, but the best song on the album is The Owl, which is actually an interlude. It's by far the darkest track on the album, and I totally love it.
The Ghost is also a good song with a special gloomy and sad mood, though I would say that According To Plan is the catchiest song on the album.



No comments: