Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Filigram - La Victorie De L'Homme Sur L'Homme (2008)

Band: Filigram
Album: La Victorie De L'Homme Sur L'Homme
Year: 2008
Country: France
I was reading a review on this album on some other blog, and it sounded quite interesting. Then I found out that they were from France, and my expectations grew sky high. French music has always been very close to my heart, probably mostly because they always seem to capture emotions in their music in an extraordinary way. I guess it's in France's artistic and romantic history, because no other country has such a big amount of great bands. And even though Filigram's guitarist calls himself Gaylord, their music is as serious, heartbreaking, and emotional as we're used to.
The best way to describe Filigram is to imagine a French version of the Japanese screamo band Heaven In Her Arms. They have the same concept with slow and mellow parts, combined with melodic guitar riffs. The vocals in Filigram are also very good, they top the despair factor. Filigram plays kind of slow for being a screamo band, but with these vocals they don't need to play chaotic to make it emotional.

Song(s) you should listen to: I really dig the intro of A'Louest, it pretty much makes the whole song. It starts off like an old western movie, pretty calm but dark. Then the tension grows more and more, and soon it will hoover into one of those classic Heaven In Her Arms-parts I was talking about before.


2 comments:

WARRIOR said...

"I guess it's in France's artistic and romantic history"
yeah cus they sure ass hell couldnt defend themselves during the war, fucking pussies!!!!!!!!!

Maran said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqit-AL3TCw

I love you too, Wild Mosh Steve.