Monday, February 7, 2011

Morne - Untold Wait (2009)

Band: Morne
Album: Untold Wait
Year: 2009
Country: USA
If you check this band's profile at lastFM you will see that people think this album is either very good, or that it's just a waste of time. I like this album though (and my bunny rabbit too apparently, he jumped straight to the computer and started too sniff it when I was listening to it). Parts of this album reminds me a bit of a sludgier version of Fall Of Efrafa's Owsla, so it has some sort of rabbit connection.
Anyhow, Morne also consists of band members from former bands such as Grief, Disrupt, Filth Of Mankind, and many more. These guys have been in the game for a long time, and you can tell while listening to the music. Partly because you can hear influences from older bands, but also because they're very skilled with their instruments.
If you have a thing for heavy sludgy music, you should listen to this. I told you before that this album reminds me a bit of Fall Of Efrafa (mostly the Owsla album, when they weren't that complex), but it also reminds me of Tragedy (powerful D-Beats, and the vocals and lyrical themes are very much alike), and I Would Set Myself On Fire For You (probably just because of the the cello which is used quite regularly, but still). If you're into something of that, I could imagine that you will like this.

Song(s) you should listen to: The first track Eyes, is the perfect way to start an album. The last track Sorrow, is the perfect way to end an album. The tracks in the middle you have to decide whether they're really good, or barely worth listening to, for yourself.

No comments: