Thursday, January 13, 2011

Fall Of Efrafa - Elil (2007)

Band: Fall Of Efrafa
Album: Elil
Year: 2007
Country: United Kingdom

This is one of my all time favourite albums. I've been listening to it pretty much regularly since I discovered Fall Of Efrafa about 3 years ago, and I've never ever for a second got tired of it. And still, after our 3 years together, I can still fall in love with new things or parts I've never noticed before. Elil will forever be the love of my life.
So, what is so special with this album? Frankly, I don't know. It consists of 3 songs, each one being about 20 minutes long. "20 MINUTES?! THAT'S LIKE... FOREVER!" people not used to this post-kind of music will say. But the thing with these songs is that they are so well written that you will never understand how those 20 minutes past by. The general pace of this album is quite slow, but just before you get tired of the slow part, one of these amazing build ups kicks in. Then there's a minute or two of "swing the hand your having your beer in" D-Beat. The anthem-like lyrics will also cause any person to transform into an anti-religous bitter anarchistic freedom fighter.

Song(s) you should listen to: Once you've started to listen to one of the songs, there is no return. You won't be able to skip the track. Therefore I recommend you to listen to the whole album while traveling by train or bus. By the time you get off your ride you will be so inspired by all the genius samples featured on this album. How about:

"People sometimes says "there must be more than just this world, and just this life". But how much more do you want? We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die, because they're never going to be born. The number of people who could be here, in my place, outnumber the sandgrains of Sahara. If you think about all the different ways in which our genes could be provicted, you and I are quite grotesquely lucky to be here. The number of events that had to happen in order for you to exist and in order for me to exist. We are privileged to be alive, and we should make the most of our time on this world."

1 comment:

Ibarra said...

Great album. Awesome songs. Thanks.