Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sönderriket - Etikens Dörr (2010)

Band: Sönderriket
Album: Etikens Dörr
Year: 2010
Country: Sweden
A couple of days ago I got a mysterious mail from a mysterious man, including only a mysterious link to a mysterious bandcamp site. Not even a single polite "hello"-phrase was written. Of course I got really curious, so I listened to both of the album published there. One of them was way too industrial for being my cup of tea, but this one caught my ears.

I guess some of you closeminded people wouldn't even call this music. It can be described as distorted melodies and reversed vocals, somehow managed by Mr Sandman. If you're from Sweden you will also notice this one man band's firm hand with words and wordplays. I would guess this album was made for being a complementary to his poetry, and for experimental causes.
If you're a fan of Ättestupa, the story-parts in Suffocate For Fuck Sake, or just if you're having trouble falling asleep, you should listen to this album.

Song(s) you should listen to: Jordiske Rund is a melancholic, but soothing, and very addicting song about nonsense, just like Riket Sönder. Kontraster is a darker song where the narrator is telling a story about loosing faith and being buried alive, and his discoveries while being underground.
I could write some words about every song, because each one of them has it's charm really. But I won't, just to leave you with a spark of curiousity left.

No comments: