Monday, November 29, 2010

Silencer - Death - Pierce Me (2001)


Band: Silencer
Album: Death - Pierce Me
Year: 2001
Country: Sweden
Once upon a time I had a silly boyfriend who wanted to scare the crap out of me. He killed the lights in the room, and showed me the fanvideo of Sterile Nails And Thunderbowels. He ended up being quite scared himself, while I was quite fascinated by both the music and the visuals from the movie Begotten. I realized this guy wasn't trve, so I broke up with him and started my Black Metal-cult myself.
And though Silencer is kind of a worn out band in Sweden, it's perfect for introducing DSBM to someone. Their music combines beautiful and melancholic intros with evil and raw Black Metal. And if you can stand Nattramn's voice already from the beginning, you can listen to pretty much anything.
The reason the band is "kind of worn out" is mostly because of the stories about their mysterious singer Nattramn, You will read more about him in the next entry we make.

Song(s) you should listen to: Sterile Nails And Thunderbowels is their big hit, so to say. And I understand why. It's the typical Silencer-song, starting off with a very memorable and beautiful intro. Then Nattramn starts off with a shriek, which he normally does. And his voice is indeed one of the most charachteristic vocals in Black Metal. Some would say that he sings like a castrated goat, others will say that it is the voice of despair. Anyhow, there is a mellow part in the song which anyone will have very hard to take serious, because the vocals sounds like some retarded version of Gollum.
They also have other songs worth listening to, like the title track Death - Pierce Me, and Taklamakan.

No comments: