Monday, November 15, 2010

Ättestupa - Untitled Lp (2008)

Band: Ättestupa
Album: Untitled Lp
Year: 2008
Country: Sweden
This is the debut album from Gothenburgs Ättestupa, two songs equals 38 minutes of minimalistic bliss. Listening to this makes me think of old Astrid Lindgren-movies, people hiding away in front of a fireplace in a small cabin by the woods, elders telling stories about ghosts, murderers, tragic deaths and other creepy stuff to the children, in the distance you can hear the faint sound of bells from a horse carriage plowing it's way through the thick snow. If you hav'nt been growing up in Sweden then I guess you have no idea what I'm talking about so after you've given this record a few spins you should download some Emil I Lönneberga (a popular film series based on the book by Astrid Lindgren). Then you will know exactly what I mean.

Song(s) you should listen to: The whole album, everyday, everytime, all the time. Over and over again.

No comments: