Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Palehorse - Habitual Linestepper (2008)

Band: Palehorse
Album: Habitual Linestepper
Year: 2008
Country: United Kingdom
I came across this band when I was supposed to find some music by the hardcore band Palehorse from Connecticut, USA on Spotify. But I found this band instead, which I've never heard of before.
Anyways, I liked their music, and thought their album title was pretty clever, so I did a checkup on the band. Turns out that they are a pretty known band in the sludge scene of UK. And they are sure playing sludge. Their music is fairly slow and very heavy. One thing that surprised me was the vocals that sounds a lot that something that could fit in any screamo band. If you gave the drummer some POWERTHIRST so he would drum more energetic, maybe this would be liked by all the skramz kids out there.
The band consists of a drummer, two vocalists, and two bass players. Nothing more, nothing less. Who need guitars anyway?

Song(s) you should listen to: We Cannot Love You

This song starts out pretty slow and sad, and with a really catchy bassline, that continues pretty much through the whole song. Then the sludge will squirt all it's juice over you.

No comments: